Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Problem with Blad MCX, MCX2 and possibly MSR

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm probably wrong. Because I do have the wall charger for mine. I don't remember buying it seperate.

I did buy a seperate E-Flite wall charger for my DX6I to charge the Ni-cads I put in it.

jack
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 pm
PostPost subject:

I will try the MSR charger today to see if there are any issues with my old chargers (the single AA powered ones).

I am looking forward to trying out the MSR....UPS tracking says it will be delivered today.

Is there anyone following this thread that can tell me what the transition is like between the MCX2 and MSR? I was thinking it would be the next logical progression (single blade, fixed).

Thanks,

DGP
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 am
PostPost subject: msr

hi payne9999
you could be in for some fun now. the msr is really fast out of the blocks.
i went from the original mcx to the msr and i thought there must be
something wrong with this heli. but it was me and not the heli. the secret
is to use very small stick inputs or it is across the room and into the wall.
you cant bang the sticks around like a coaxial. dont worry though its a tough little heli and great fun once you get the hang of it.
weak parts are the blade grips and the skids. if it looks as if you are going to crash just drop the throttle and let it hit the floor. because its so light it rarely suffers damage but as i say the skids dont last very long they break where the front pin goes into the frame. on a nice day you can fly it outside and this tiny heli really does go at 100 miles per hour.
as a single rotor heli it will tend to slide left on take off, dont try and trim that out it is normal. just use a small amount of right cyclic as you lift off and immediately return to centre once in the air. have fun and let us know how you get on Very Happy
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 am
PostPost subject:

Yep, I do the same with the MCX2, as far as chopping the throttle if I get in a situation where a crash is likely.

I think for now I will use the dual rate to reduce the input sensitivity at first.

Right now I just have the cheapo RTF transmitters but I am considering the DX6 or 7i since I have converted rubber power stick & tissue models with micro spektrum receivers and I believe I could run them all with one programmable Spektrum transmitter.

I think the reason they break in one direction on take off and turn better to the right than left has to do with the direction of the rotor (rotational inertia). I see several complaints about the heli turning right better in one direction (can't remember if it was right or left).

BTW, I used to work in Bishops Storford and loved to hang out in London (my local was the Boar's Head).

Cheers,

DGP
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 am
PostPost subject: post subject

the dx6i or dx7 is a worth while purchase if you plan to continue the hobby.
i have never been to Bishops Storford but i just checked on the net and its 48 miles away.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: