Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:06 pm
PostPost subject: MSR Buzzing

Hiya guys,
I could not resist it, I know I shudda got extra parts for my 450 or a battery for the Protos but the weather totally sux now and the Sim is...fun, but...ahh, what the hey, I just had to have a heli to fly inside, but not a coax.
Man, that little thing is a Tiger in a tiny body...lol. It is so quick!
Ok, when it takes off there is a buzzing just like previously said, like a Wasp all pee-ohd,
is that ok? I can't quite pin it down to where it is coming from, the tail or the main. Doesn't seem to hurt it...yet. And what is the flight time for ya'll that have this lil' beast? Thanks for any info. Wink
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:16 am
PostPost subject: post subject

hi trouble
its the tail making the noise mine does the same. heluva racket.
weak parts are skids and blade grips.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 pm
PostPost subject:

Thankyou Chopper!
I can live with it, just wanted to make double sure. Already found out about the weak skids...dang, doesn't take much does it? lol. Rolling Eyes But, still, sure is a fun little thing!!! Shocked Very Happy
ExRayz
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 am
PostPost subject: Weak Skids

Yeah, those skids were not well thought out during the msr's design stage at E-Flite for sure. I'm on my 2nd one and it's broke! I'll try some super glue. I'm having a blast flying it and I feel like I'm picking up valuable flying skills. I mainly fly my msr indoors (of course) in my living room which is approx 20X20. Even with my AC off, there is enough of a draft to affect flight! I spend my time just controling direction as it wants to go forward with little imput from me. I dont think it's a trim issue cause it will suddenly hover with some drift, but when I change a heading, it moves without any elevator input. I also have high ceiling (16 feet) and my fireplace damper is open, so I've concluded i have the equivalence of a light windy condition LOL. Anyway, having a blast and cant wait to move up to some thing like the Blade 400.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:46 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya Xray,
Yep, already glued my LG also, lol. Went by LHS ands picked up a buncha extra parts for just in case anyway. Thunderpower has put out a batt for the MSR and it is waaay better than stock, 2 dollars more, well worth it. Been toying with the idea of blinging it out, but...just don't know, this stuff looks nice though:
Microheli
I just can't do it, I only got it so I could have something to fly inside in bad weather that acted sorta kinda close to a real heli. I know, that is what the Sim is for but I can only do that for so long, alot more fun doing nose-ins with the MSR than the Sim, 'course it can't teach me inverted like the Sim, but that's ok. I'll tell ya what I really wish I could get ( for indoor fun):....>>
4G3
but not at $250.00+ dollars. Evil or Very Mad
there are other LG out there, just have to look, here is one I like.
LG
Well, take care.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 am
PostPost subject:

Trouble:

Don't waste your money on the microheli stuff. I bought all that stuff and by the time I got it on the MSR it was so heavy is screwed the msr all up.

Now the MSR flies like a lead sled.

I want back stock.

jack
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 am

120 sr is a great indoor heli. a bit bigger than the msr but flies like a bigger machine and really tough. can also show a clean pair of heels outside. also helps to prepare you for the bigger 450 stuff without the large bills.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya Jack Very Happy
Yea, you be right, I am not gonna do it, just get carried away by the moment alot....I like it fine as is, perfect for indoor, was lookin' at the MSR section on Helifreak and there are some good tips on making the LG stronger, even some guy makes a set of tuffer LG for real cheap, if anyone is interested in that I can find it again. but the rest, I am leavin' it stock.
Thx Jack
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya Chopper! Very Happy
how is my fellow Trex owner doin? lmao. yea, I gave the SR120 serious thought, but... my main goal was to get a heli to fly inside, and the MSR seemed to be the best bet, small, the120 is like the Cx in size and I remember mine, my house is a lil' small, one of those brick ranch houses they slapped together in the mid 60s', you know, the kind where the studs might be anywhere from 10 -36 inches apart, but never 16" center. Rolling Eyes
S'ok, we will be out of here by end of summer, gettin' a place with some land so I can fly anytime I want. yeehaa Very Happy but, I digress, the msr suits very well right now, if I can fly outside I am gonna fly the real thing. My confidence level is very high now.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

hi trouble
its a bit odd with my msr because i could fly it pretty good but as i have improved with the b400 outside i now seem to struggle with the tiny msr.
its so twitchy that is why i now prefer to fly the 120sr. its just a bigger msr but more stable and flies like a bigger machine. it also has better designed and longer lasting landing gear.
i have started the t-rex build but wont rush as i want to get it spot on as this thing was quite expensive i dont want any mistakes. Very Happy
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm
PostPost subject:

yes, the MSR is twitchy, very fast and powerful, you have to pay attention to what you are doing, that is for sure. Kinda why I like it, your Pro is gonna be like that too, lol, well, not exactly, but it wont be like a B400 or other 6 ch helis for sure, of course it is gonna be more stable than a tiny heli, but it is gonna respond to your stick movements like crazy. I mean it is like the Viper of 450 helis, or a engineered Corvette. No, wait, a Formula 1, yea, there ya go, lol.
As long as you go by Finless Bob's video on building the Pro you will have absolutely no problems!!! None! Very Happy
Put up some pix as you build it if ya can, I would like to see.
One thing I have read alot of is the danger of stripping the front torque gear when landing, it seems that if you hit "anything", even tall grass with the tail blades it will strip the front gear of its teeth, or most of them. A hard bump will not do this but..anything touching the tail blades while they are spinning will strip the gear. There are a lot of helis I want to get, but I know I will always have a 450 and I am gonna either get the Pro or Protos 450 pretty soon to replace the T-Rex i have now.
good luck and post pix! Wink
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: