Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

GS240 Helicopter

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roslynstanely
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:12 am
PostPost subject: GS240 Helicopter

Hi Everyone ,

I would like some help with my son's Gs240 3- channel infrared coaxial Helicopter.

We are new to this but so far very dissapointed.

We charged the helicopter and my husband managed to get it to fly for about 5 minutes. ( so he could show our son how to use it).

It started to get flat so we charged it again for the surgested time.
Now it will not lift at all

All the blades spin but not enough to lift the helicopter.

any idea's please help its a christmas present and his little heart is dying to have a go
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi roslynstanely:

Welcome to our forum.

Your not going to like my answer to your question but I think you got the wrong helicopter. These 3 channel infared helicopters are disposable helicopters. They nornally don't last very long. You should have gone to your local hobby shop and got your son a E-FLite MCX. They cost more but are repairable and worth the extra money. Parts are available at every hobby shop fo0r e-flite. There is always help at your local hobby shop for repairs. E-FLite makes the best starter helicopters and they are real tough.

I would think that your current helicopter may have had the battery run down to far. If it has a Lipo battery. They are very funny about being discharged to far. They go flat and will not take a charge. But I am guessing because you never stated what helicopter he has. We will need a brand name. Even a picture if that's possiable. It also could be that the motors are spinning up enough but the grub screw on the main rotor shaft may be lose and not trun the blades up to top speed. Again I'm guessing.

I gave my 9 year old grandson a helicopter (E-Flite MCX) and he was flying with in minutes. Young kids learn so fast.

Give us more knowlede about what helicopter you have.

Sorry - wish I had been more help.

Jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Roslynstanely,

Does the charger have any type of indicator to let you know when it's charged ? If not try charging for a longer period, say twice as long, but do it somewhere it is safe if anything goes wrong, sounds to me like its not getting enough charge to me.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:54 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Roslynstanely,

I'm afraid that Jack is right, it does sound like one of the cheap 'impulse buy' helicopters. Never reliable and virtually unrepairable.

Can you give us a link or at least the model reference so that we can investigate further? Without that it is almost impossible to give any useful advice other than:-

1. Check it out as advised by members above, then

2. Check the battery fully charged level. It should be around 4.2V/cell. (Multiply 4.2 x no. of cells. Please don't ask how many cells it has without the link or reference. Could be 1, 2 or 3.)

3. Check that there is no dust, hairs or other debris in the drive mechanism and the drives are not slipping.

Wish I could help more.

Tom.
Johnny Boy
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:08 am
PostPost subject:

Hi, I've got one of these, G/S-Hobby GS240. It appears to be over charge protected and when the power gets low it cuts out all together suggesting it is total drain potected as well? I have had 4 other makes all with the same problems of not charging after one or two flights. The GS240 is still going after many flights and even more crashes. May be you have a one in a thousand dud, may be this time I'm ust lucky?
Johnny Boy
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 am
PostPost subject:

Upgraded to a Bravo III. Flew (and crashed) the GS240 till it was worn out. Handed over the left over bits to a friend for spares, his just keeps on going.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: