Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Frustrating Problem

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellflyer
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:11 am
PostPost subject: Frustrating Problem

I have a Lama v3, and it flew great for over a year. All parts are in perfect condition. It flies crazy, does what it wants, responds slow, and I am working the right stick like a mad man. WTF. I changed the ESC, same problem. Swashplate level, shafts straight, screws tight, no play, no cracks, new blades, flybar straight, servos good, and it does the same thing with the ESC and transmitter from my other Lama V3. WTF! It takes off forward and left, and when I try to correct, it responds slow and does what it wants, so I find myself correcting again, and again and again. Any suggestions? Could it be the transmitter? Any tricks you know of, short of exorcism, would be highly appreciated because I am totally frustrated. Thx.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 am
PostPost subject: post subject

hi hellflyer,
deeply mysterious, have you checked the main shaft bearings.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 am
PostPost subject:

Hi hellflyer,

You say the servos are good, How did you test them? This sounds as though it has to be a servo fault. That's about all that is left here.

Tom.
hellflyer
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am
PostPost subject:

The shafts spin real good so I believe the bearings are just fine. I held the heli with one hand, gave it some power and then worked the servos all around. They work just fine, and hold at any position that I stop at. Then I put very light finger pressure on the servo arms as I worked the servos up and down. They are smooth and gives good response all the way up and down. They also sound good. So if the servos are causing this problem, then how would I know for sure? Thx guys, appreciate any and all help. Dying to fly this thing again and it's driving me nuts. Bill.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:33 pm
PostPost subject:

This could be over tight blades, if you hold the heli on its side with the blades horizontal, they should all drop equally with a slight upward jerk.

Tom.

Idea 'Upward jerks' are sometimes found on FaceBook Laughing Just joking here.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm
PostPost subject:

It sounds like an inbalance thing or where something is able to shift causing inbalance.
An intermittent servo would usually cause a crash but a slow servo would give vague control ...

Interesting that you say the heli was perfectly OK on this gear previously.
What has happened in the mean-time ? Any repairs to damaged parts ? Any crash or incident on last GOOD flight ? Any tweaks / adjustments made since last year ? Is there something you've addded or changed on the heli ? Are all servos secure in their positions - not overtight but secure ? Is motor still secure and not loose causing loss of head speed ? Are all gears secure with no slippage causing loss of tail and head speed ? Do gears mesh with reasonable 'gap' without binding or too free ?

Where does the heli balance in both fore-aft and transverse ?

Did you alter / add / increase / decrease expo on Tx making mid stick completely different from previous ?

Seems possible only answer is to spend long and dreary hours reverting heli back to default and start afresh. Even if heli is at default now .. needs setting up again as though it's not.

Nigel
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: