Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Tail gear shaft replacement

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyjacker
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 am
PostPost subject: Tail gear shaft replacement

Does anyone know how to remove the tail gear shaft from the boom on a Walkera UflyS? There is only (according to the parts breakdown drawing) the shaft, with a bearing on each end in the boom tube. I finally got one of the bearings off of the end of the shaft (by the main gear), had to cut it off), but no amount of tugging can pull the shaft from the tube. I need to replace this shaft before I can fly again HELP!!!
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 am
PostPost subject:

Hi skyjacker lane here on my cb180z when I was changing cone gears the shaft was coming out the front did u remove all the gears tail boom may be bent. And binding hope this helps
skyjacker
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 am
PostPost subject:

laneritc wrote:
Hi skyjacker lane here on my cb180z when I was changing cone gears the shaft was coming out the front did u remove all the gears tail boom may be bent. And binding hope this helps

lane, the tail boom appears to be straight as an arrow. I think the problem is that I can't even get the gears that drive the tail out. Don't know how... I also have a Novus fp125, and those tail gears are easy to change. I even took a pair of pliers a tried to pull the shaft out from the main gear end. didn't want to really force it because I don't want to do any more damage. maybe you could share some light on how to remove the tail rotor gears. Might help. Thanks for the reply!
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 am
PostPost subject:

Skyjacker did u disable the tail assy? The gears should pull straight off, try sliding a fork or something. Between gear and shaft
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 pm
PostPost subject:

is this the offending article ?

and exploded diagram ... (you should be able to right click this picture and save as .... )

if not then go to .... http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=Z7UFLY and scroll to just below box picture for manual and exploded diagram links ... right click and save as .....
skyjacker
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:16 am
PostPost subject:

laneritc wrote:
Skyjacker did u disable the tail assy? The gears should pull straight off, try sliding a fork or something. Between gear and shaft
Well, I finally got the shaft out. Had to get pliers , hold onto the boom with one hand and using pliers, pulled as hard as I possibly could, and it came out. I also discovered how to change the gears in the tail. Thanks to all who offered advice. Very Happy
Hawzzy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:11 pm
PostPost subject:

Good to hear you got the pin out!!!!

How did you "discover" to get the gears out....did you use the fork method described above or did you find another way?

Tye
skyjacker
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:02 am
PostPost subject:

Hawzzy wrote:
Good to hear you got the pin out!!!!

How did you "discover" to get the gears out....did you use the fork method described above or did you find another way?

Tye
There is a tiny screw at the end of the boom that fastens the gear holder assembly (see picture in solentlife's post) to the boom. After that is removed the whole assembly comes off, and allows full access to the gears. Whew! what a challenge that was...
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: