Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

FlyCamHD

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 am
PostPost subject: FlyCamHD

Well they just came out with a HD version of the FlyCam. Vids I see on YouTube look fantastic, unfortunately it's twice the weight of the original FlyCams and is half again the size. Rolling Eyes
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/flycamonehd_720p_black_1034419_prd1.htm
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 am
PostPost subject:

Pretty pricey, but it looks nice. Super clear in the videos..
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Nice camera, but not over here yet. Shipping and customs duty would make it more than my helis.

Tom.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 am
PostPost subject:

Looks like the extra weight may not be much to worry about. I just made a successful test flight (a hop really) with the FlyCamOneHD on a Blade CX3. Now if a CX3 can lift it, I'm sure it'll work fine on the larger helis & planes in my hanger.
Now if Morther Nature would just give us a break here in the NE USA, I might be able to get out and shoot some good vids and share it with you guys.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 am
PostPost subject:

So I get an email from Hobby Lobby, (the place where I got the FlyCamOneHD from). Tells me about a firmware update available and had link to it and a vid on how to do the update. Very Cool IMO. I didn't have to regester this cam when I bought it or anything, yet Hobby Lobby contacted me to let me know about the update.
The firmware update just adds a few more features to the cam and was easy enough to do that even I could do it Smile
I have yet to have weather that would give me a chance to try the cam in the air, but just messing around with it on the ground makes me think I'll be able to shoot some really good quality aerial video from my helis & planes.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 am
PostPost subject:

Not being funny - but given that a Keycam is a lot cheaper and I agree the resolution pixel count is less - but videos are fine ... is it worth the extra money and larger size ?

I believe that you will still have "Black-line syndrome" from interaction with propellors etc. Not so important on Heli's ..... but many of us fly fixed wing as well.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:30 am
PostPost subject:

Just no comparison between video quality of a keychain cam and a FCO HD. Just look at the picture on a HDTV then compare it to that of cheap 13" portable TV.

The extra weight may turn out to be helpful when it comes to vibration.

With the FCO HD you have the option to change the shutter speed, Auto, ISO100,200,400 or 800. Some where in there you are bound to find an ISO setting that will negate the strobe effect problem when shooting through a spinning prop.

Add to that the longer battery life, zoom feature, a date stamp that works, ability to play back what you just shot on the cams built in screen, on screen menu, ability to set auto shutoff or just screen shutoff (saves batt life), image flip, etc.
As soon as weather permits I'll put the FCO HD on something and get it in the air and (got up to 45* today but also have gale force winds Evil or Very Mad ) I'll upload some vids.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
With the FCO HD you have the option to change the shutter speed, Auto, ISO100,200,400 or 800. Some where in there you are bound to find an ISO setting that will negate the strobe effect problem when shooting through a spinning prop

I doubt it - as the prop effect will occur at multiples of certain rpm related to frame speed ... if you look at a vid with prop lines - when the prop speeds up or slows down - no lines ... but once steadied again the lines re-appear. All you will do is alter the rpm at which they appear ... so then you will have to test run to see what setting vs rpm is needed ...
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: