Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Trace the Electrics

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 pm
PostPost subject: Trace the Electrics

Well I got everyone confused with my "trouble shooting" question; so I will try again with an electrics question.

Now who can walk me thru it (You there Tom?) starting with the Tx. What are the various components and how do the work together?

Like what's that rather large thing hanging on the side with all the BIG wires coming out of it and appearing to have a couple of batteries encased in it.

I understand that the Tx communicates with the Rx (aint I brite). If I have a Walkera Tx and a Walkera Rx is that as far as the requirement goes to have matching components? How about the other components within the electric circuit - How do you know what to use?

Does anyone know of any literature that I can get that I can study and begin to understand what will and what wont work? Could do with some literature on the mechanical side of things too.

Kirk
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Hiya Kirk! Very Happy
Wish you could put up some photos of some of tis stuff you been talkin' about buddy... Wink
What exactly do you want to know about the TX?
that rather large box like thing with the "big" wire is the ESC (Electronic speed controller)
Read Here
And Here
I think those "battery looking things" are condensors.
Your Walkera TX and RX are good to go, You will not be able to use a DX6i or another TX with that RX. your electronics will work in that RX as long as the TX is compatible with that RX.

some literature:
read
read
read
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:40 am
PostPost subject:

Trouble me Ole Mate:

You'r a bottomless pit of information! Thanks for all that as it does answer some questions for sure. Sticking with the electronics on this thread I am just trying to understand how it all works, fits together, and be able to determine what components are required when building up from scratch.

As I stated b4, I intend to build up my CopterX to be a reasonable replica of the US Coast Guard heli, including a 4 blade rotor. I'm sure you or others could tell me what to put in it; however, I want to know and understand why particular components are selected.

I have committed to my Walkera 2801PRO Tx now so my selected Rx in all cases of use will be a Walkera RX-2801PRO 8ch. This gives me sufficient channels to do what ever I have planed at the moment. My Flash JR DSX7 I had to return to the guy on eBay as it was in DSMJ format which is Japanese format and like the Walkera, required specific Rx's, which were 3 & 4 times the cost of Walkera or Spektrum etc.

Working on building up a notebook on all the information and will print off everything you have given me.
Thanks much
Kirk
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 am
PostPost subject:

I'm here Kirk and looking to see what I can find. The "Finless" vids are good but not always complete on a full setup. That flybar-less setup that you also need for instance, is going to be quite something to do from scratch. You have a big learning curve there buddy!

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: