Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Futaba GY 240 = GY401 after some electronic modification!?!!

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:05 pm
PostPost subject: Futaba GY 240 = GY401 after some electronic modification!?!!

Hello,

Recently at my LHS, I happened to talk to one of the sellers who was doing some soldering on a Futaba GY240 gyro. Curious, I asked him what he was doing, and he told me that he was actually "converting" the GY240 to GY401. Shocked

I was surprised and asked him how that was possible?!??

The answer? He said that the GY240 and the the GY401 are exactly the same on the inside, they use the same chip sets, the same processors, the same everything. The only difference is that the GY240 is "electrically locked" to "under-perform", and to convert the GY240 to the GY401, all you have to do is just to "electronically" unlock it!

Just so happened, there was a "pro" in the shop who confirmed that what the seller (who is also an electrical engineer) said is true and that he him self actually uses an "unlocked" GY240.

I was curious so I did some searching on the internet and it seems to be true! People are doing it, and I've seen someone actually in the process of "doing it!"

Granted, you do have to have some electronics knowledge to pull it off but wow to think that the GY240 is actually a GY401 is shocking! Shocked

Anyone here has heard of this or is anyone here actually using an "unlocked" GY240? Please contribute. Cool
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:03 am
PostPost subject:

It's true.

I've seen it too and I have a friend who has both the real GY401 and unlocked GY240. It turns out that once the GY240 has been unlocked it's performance is on par with the 401.
Seve2240
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 am
PostPost subject:

Hi, I have never heard of it before but you just answered my question that I posted on here the other day. I am using the 240 in a titan 450 and couldnt get the tail to swing fast enough no matter what I tried. Its a good gyro but is holding too tight and is fighting my stall turns etc. I am using a 401 in a different model and its fine. I didnt realize that the 240 was designed that way. Im sorry I cant help you, but you have helped me. Thank you Very Happy
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: