Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Spektrum DX7 Swash settings

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iba10753
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:10 am
PostPost subject: Spektrum DX7 Swash settings

After almost certainly crashing my Blade SR several times because of a wrong swash setting on my DX7, I am wondering what I should use for swash settings for the CX3 and 120SR which are also configured in the DX7.

I'm real confused but that doesn't really surprise the people who know me. <g>

On the CX3 for instance, there are 2 servers attached to the swash plate and the 2 balls are, I would guess, 120 degrees apart. However, when I look at the swash setting possibilities in the DX7 there is only a "2 Servos 180 degrees" setting available if I have to choose a 2 Servo setting. Because that simply doesn't fit the situation with the CX3, I've left it at "1 Servo Norm" for now. I can fly the CX3 (and the 120SR which I've set up as "1 Servo Norm" also) very well so I'm pretty sure I'm at the right setting but it does not make any sense to me.

Can anyone elaborate a little on the meaning of the swash setting options in the DX7.....perhaps the logic behind the choices? The manual doesn't go into detail to get through my thick skull.

Thanks,
Ben
elepanda
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm
PostPost subject:

I don't use that transmitter but I don't know if this link will help.

It's more of a product review but seems like quite a lengthy article. Might be of some help...
iba10753
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:34 am
PostPost subject:

elepanda wrote:
I don't use that transmitter but I don't know if this link will help.

It's more of a product review but seems like quite a lengthy article. Might be of some help...

That link was interesting but didn't really get into the reasons for making certain setup improvements or changes. However, it did lead me to exploring a bit more and I found out how much of a friend Google is to me. As a result of your suggestion, I did find several links that really helped to explain what the DX7 functions were and how you could make improvements.

Here's a link that went into pretty good detail concerning a DX6i and the Blade CX3.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-cx3-tips.html

It worked well with the DX7 and I was able to tweak some settings for my own CX3. More than just making the settings, it really helped explain what some of the settings were for and what result they would attain if used.

Thanks,
Ben
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi iba10753
try searching youtube for dx7 info. they have loads of how to video,s and can be really helpflul.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: