Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

improving flight time for a SYMA S006 helicopter?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBROBBINS
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 am
PostPost subject: improving flight time for a SYMA S006 helicopter?

Just got a SYMA S006 (3-channel) rc helicopter and the actual flight time is barely 5 minutes. This is not the 8 to 10 minutes noted on the technical data according to most advertisements for this chopper.
I have carefully charged the battery each time, but the flight time is still barely 5 minutes and no more. How can I improve this ??
Can I hard wire two more additional batteries to the chopper or will that burn up the circuit board or other components?

Also, is there a quick charger available for this helicopter?
Seems like it takes a good 1-1/2 hours to charge the battery.
The technical data from most ads say it should be only an hour.
Any help would be appreciated.
Question
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:41 am
PostPost subject:

I'm really not familiar with that helicopter but is the battery an external pack? I know that a lot of 3-ch helicopters' batteries are built right into the chassis and is hard to replace / change. If the battery is external then it's just a matter of find the a new pack with the same voltage but more mAh.

Also, this is probably not really a solution you're after but if you rest your heli half-way through your maximum flight time for say.. one or two minutes then fly again.. then the overall flight time would increase.
PBROBBINS
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:03 am
PostPost subject:

silhouette015 wrote:
I'm really not familiar with that helicopter but is the battery an external pack? I know that a lot of 3-ch helicopters' batteries are built right into the chassis and is hard to replace / change. If the battery is external then it's just a matter of find the a new pack with the same voltage but more mAh.

Also, this is probably not really a solution you're after but if you rest your heli half-way through your maximum flight time for say.. one or two minutes then fly again.. then the overall flight time would increase.

No, the battery is inside the frame and would be difficult to replace with a fully charged one. I did think about that idea, however.
Thanks.
edenwhw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:59 pm
PostPost subject:

Its not really too difficult to replace the battery, jus disasemble the canopy n tear off sum tape will do. im selling s006 n have a s006 too, it started to have a flight time around 15mins but sumhow it drops to around 5 mins recently, in my opinion the battery is dying n im lookin for a new one to replace it. however i cant get one from ebay with a 3.7v 15c lipo thus i try to put in a 8.4v NiMH from my other rc heli n guess what, it flies, with more powerful n it didnt burn any of the component inside. all of all, u need to replace the battery.
T-R-E-V
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 am
PostPost subject:

I also have an Alloy Shark S006, 3min flight for one hour charge, 6min for two hours charge and so on I have charged mine for five hours. 15min flight.
toyer
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 am
PostPost subject:

I can confirm what TREV said , when charging the R/C S006 for more than 3 hours you can get around 12-15 min of flight time. I bought mine here : http://www.cobratoys.co.uk
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm
PostPost subject:

I third the thread ...

The charger indicator is often false and when it turns green is too early. Ignore the LED on the charger and leave it for couple of hours at least. This is a common reported problem on various other forums and is how I learnt about it.

My 006 flies for about 5 - 6 mins when I use the LED ... 10mins if I ignore it ... depends on how eager I am to fly !

Changing battery ? Very difficult and second the added weight will alter flight seriously.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: