Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

What does a DX6i transmitter w/o servos means?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpcollins
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 pm
PostPost subject: What does a DX6i transmitter w/o servos means?

After buying and crashing on my first attempt with my Blade SR, I stumbled across a SR review where the author said it would be easier for a beginner to use the computorized DX61 radio versus the included non-computerized HP6DSM radio. After looking online, I see this radio listed with servos and without servos. What exactly does that mean? Thanks.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy tpcollins:

Means just what it says. You can get the DX6I with out any servos for around $ 149.00 USD. Or buy it with servos and receiver for $ 199.00 USD. My prices may not be right.

But lets say you decided to try a DX6I for your E-Flite SR. You could buy the 'no servo' model and bind it to your SR. Then make the adjustments to make your SR a gentler flier. Like reduce the sensitivity on the controls. Go to half rates on the though. Etc. Etc.

I bought a B400 just to get a 450 size helicopter but more importantly the DX6I radio. I fly all my stuff on a DX6I radio. Just one radio. You can store up to ten models on this radio. I love mine. Super buy for the money.

Hope this helps.

Jack
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi tpcollins
if you are building a heli from a kit you might buy the servos with the dx6i but your sr has them installed already. it has three on the sr. they are the little plastic devices that are wired into the receiver underneath the heli and operate the swashplate. a heli with pitch control tail rotor would have another one on the tail boom but the sr has a tail motor and does not need that one. the trouble with the stock tx is you are stuck with the settings in the unit. using the dx6i you have much more control over the settings and can change them as your skill level improves. lots of info about the the sr and setting it up with the dx6i on the helifreak forum. i fly an sr with that tx and it is way better than the stock tx. it also has ten model memories so you can use it for other models as you add to your fleet. Cool
tpcollins
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:14 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks guys, that's what I'm looking for then.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:03 am
PostPost subject:

You were spot on with your price Jack

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-SPEKTRUM-DX6i-2-4GHZ-6-CHANNEL-RADIO-/230563215895?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35aea37a17
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: